This Malvern East home extension came about when its new owners decided to extend and renovate the residence before moving in.The new owners were attracted to the house because of its traditional architectural and period features. While they appreciated the period features, they also wanted to ensure that their new home would meet the demands of modern living. This includes the need for ample storage to suit a growing family. They also sought modern accents following current trends, that in their new setting will continue to look timeless for years to come. Armed with this brief, Period Extensions undertook full project management for this period house renovation.
The new owners’ specific requirements of the house extension included:
– The addition of an ensuite to the main bedroom. The ensuite after renovation is complete with black, grey, and white hexagonal tessellated floor tiles, a black granite benchtop, and a modern shower with a glass screen.
– A family bathroom renovation, also fitted with a black granite benchtop, a modern shower with glass screens, and a white bathtub.
– A European-style laundry, saving valuable space and remaining out of site.
– A kitchen extension with a large, white island bench and trendy Moroccan-style tile detailing on the backsplash.
– Increased storage throughout, including the aforementioned European-style laundry and kitchen extension.
– An open-plan living area with folding glass doors leading to the backyard.
An alfresco area that seamlessly connected to a deck leading to the backyard’s open lawn renovation was also on the wishlist.
The home is now characterised by its sense of light and flow. The spaces are open and fluid, yet functional. This gives this home renovation a contemporary ‘feel’ overall. This period house cleverly meets the brief that was laid out for Period Extensions. The result is a light-filled, beautiful and modern family home with a restored heritage overlay.